Thursday 20 August 2009

Changing Luck: Chapter 7 - Surprise

Any characters in this story that link to real life people are purely coincidence... blah blah blah. You get the picture.
I dreamt this. So be easy on me, it's my first time (:
Ooh and this is not Twismut. Sorry to disappoint anyone hehe :P
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 – Surprise

“Just two more minutes, PLEASE!” God, Rachel could be a pain in the ass when she wanted

“But it’s nearly 7pm. You have to get out of the bathroom if we’re going to make the late night shopping!” she was pacing up and down in front of the bathroom door. I could see the shadows of her feet

I let out a huge yawn and glared towards the door “Let me at least brush my hair will you? I’m not going out with a bird’s nest on my head”

She huffed a little and went to sit on the bed as I scraped my hair into a messy bun and put on a small amount of mascara. I looked over my face slowly and sighed, at least I didn’t have bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep. That was good.

I dragged myself reluctantly out of the bathroom and stared at Rachel. She’d put on a new outfit that we’d bought earlier on in the day and made herself look stunning

“Rach, what’s with the…” I waved a hand at her outfit and frowned “what’s with the clothes?”

She grinned and get to her feet, launching my bag at me as she did so “I thought I’d break the clothes in now. And it doesn’t hurt to look good you know”

I frowned at her as my bag hit me square in the chest and then sighed “Fine. But we’re spending no more then 3 hours out there. Don’t forget we have to be up early tomorrow. After all, we have to get dolled up and then go meet the cast” I rolled my eyes at her and then headed to the door. Tonight was going to be long. I could feel it.

We pushed past all the people crowed around the entrance. It was so stupid. Okay, I knew that they were famous. And I’d probably have acted the same way if I hadn’t met Jackson this morning. But being on the other side of it, it was just stupid.

I took a deep breath as we finally made it out into the street. My fingers were still tightly holding onto my bag. There was no way in hell I was letting it out my sight, especially now that I had Jackson’s credit card in there. And I knew Rachel was fine because her fingers were still locked in place around my shirt at the back

“You can let go now, you’re not going to get swallowed up by the crazy fans” I looked over my shoulder at her, smiling slightly until I saw her face. She was staring intently at something

I turned my head back around to follow her gaze to a car that had pulled up by the side of the curb.

Jackson stuck his head out the door and grinned at me before pulling his head back inside the car again.

“Come on!” My heart began to pound as I grinned and grabbed hold of Rachel’s arm hard before dragging her towards the car

I shoved her inside and climbed in after her, shutting the door behind me before looking around the inside of the car

Jackson sat there grinning at me and I couldn’t help but smile back, my heart slowly begging to settle after the adrenaline rush.

“Hi. This was unexpected” I grinned at him, watching Rachel as I spoke. Her face was frozen with a combination of shock and awe. It was actually quite funny to look at her

“Well, I was going to come inside and ask if you two wanted to join us for dinner. But with all the press, it would have been hard to get in and out” He looked at Rachel and suppressed a smile, the corner of his lips twitching slightly as he did so

“OW! Oh, my, GOD! This is not happening. It’s not real. It can’t be real. Oh my god, you’re Jackson Rathbone” Rachel snapped out of the shock after a sly pinch from me on her arm.

He broke out into a hue grin and nodded “The one and only. I take it you’re Rachel. Sammie has told me a lot about you”

For once, Rachel smiled back at him then hugged him suddenly, to my immense embarrassment “Rach, quit it. He doesn’t need you throwing yourself at him”

She looked at me then released him, her cheeks going red as she realised what she had done. “Sorry” was all she could mumble

Jackson looked at me and smiled “So, I was thinking, you can meet the cast tomorrow as well. But you said about not having much money, so I thought I’d treat you two to having dinner with myself and the rest of the Cullen clan.”

It was my turn to space out then. We were going to meet the rest of the cast tonight, not tomorrow afternoon. Oh god, this was surreal it wasn’t happening. But, it was happening. To me, of all people.

“That’s real kind of you. Where are we going then?” I smiled at him as my heart kicked up a notch, I was going to meet the others. Then why did it suddenly feel like I was going home to meet the parents?

-----------------------

More to come next time =D
Bet you didn’t see that coming (:

No comments: